Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Break

Spring break time is my favorite time of the year. It takes me back to my youth. It was a week featuring no school, my birthday, and Blazer games. My cousin, Rob and I usually spent this week together. We'd have the Blazers on, a game of Risk going, sports cards strewn about the living room floor and drinking tons of soda. The Blazers were good, life was good and I thought this would never end.

It did though, as all things do. Remember game 7 in the 2000 Western Conference Finals against the Lakers? Of course you do, it still stings doesn't it? That's where the Blazers of my youth ended. I was in my teens. I am now in my thirties and the Blazers have yet to win a playoff series since then.

With all the personnel shake-ups the Blazers did this season I am positive on where things are going. It's baby steps right now for the Blazers. At least it's steps in the right direction even if they are baby steps.

Spring break has come to a close and for at least one more off season (not mathematically eliminated yet of course) I'll have to re-live the days as a kid, when the Blazers were good.


No comments:

Post a Comment