Monday, March 12, 2012

Trade bait

Trade rumors are swirling around Portland tonight with talk of sending Jamal Crawford packing. From his quotes the past few weeks it seems to me he was one of the last guys still putting a positive spin on this season. I heard him saying we are only so and so games out of a playoff spot. I will say this that unless we're getting draft picks or a high level prospect I don't think we should be making any moves. All the armchair quarterbacks were only too happy to get rid of Andre Miller. How'd that turn out? Now they're squawking about this deal or that deal. I don't think any one trade can save this season. I might be wrong, but bringing in a new player won't solve the consistency issues with this team. The leadership is really lacking as well, so bringing in a mercenary isn't going to solve that issue either. The best case scenario for this team is clearly a first round exit. I'm not saying to tank the season, but the writing is on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment